Top 10 Winter Preparation Tips
What are the 10 best winterizing preparation steps?
- Preparation is Key: Ensure your appliances are in top shape with a Blossman Service Pak, which includes annual routine maintenance that manufacturers recommend.
CLICK HERE for more info.
- Winterize Your Home: Insulate attic, walls, and pipes; caulk and weather-strip old doors and windows.
- Clear rain gutters, repair roof leaks and cut away tree branches that could fall on your house during a storm.
- Allow faucets to drip a little during cold weather to avoid freezing.
- All fuel-burning equipment should be vented to the outside and kept clear of debris.
- Keep fire extinguishers on hand and make sure everyone knows how to use them.
- Learn how to shut off water valves and mark with a visible tag. In case your house is unheated for a long period, it is recommended to drain water pipes and turn off the main water valve.
- Install storm windows to insulate or cover windows with plastic from the inside to keep cold air out.
- Hire a contractor to check the structural ability of the roof to sustain additional weight from an accumulation of snow, or water, if you have a flat roof and your drains do not work.
- Keep names and contact information of trusted plumbers, electricians and your Blossman Service Technician.