Properly trained and educated employees, customers and end users mean a healthier organization and a safer industry. Employee training is mandated by DOT, NFPA and other groups and it makes good business sense. Blossman Gas reinforces this philosophy by providing state-of-the-art training at its ten thousand square foot training facility located in Ocean Springs, MS.
This facility has two classrooms, ten work stations and an area dedicated to piping and venting. The training center was designed primarily for technical training. However, it is often used for defensive driver training, computer software training, sales training and a variety of other training programs.
The training programs provided on an ongoing basis are as follows:
Basic Principles and Practices
This Certified Employee Training Program is a two-day course. It is one in a series of industry training programs developed by the National Propane Gas Association that familiarizes the employee with basic principles and practices.
• The physical properties and behavioral characteristics of LP gases
• Standards, safety codes, and regulations that apply to the propane industry
• Receipt, storage and delivery of propane
• Cylinder filling stations, different types of cylinders, their markings and usage
• Piping and tubing materials, fittings and tools used in the industry
• Increased awareness about fires, discharges and protective equipment
• How to develop and maintain good, professional business relationships
• Gain insight on residential, commercial and industrial applications of propane
• Become more aware about detection and response to reports of gas odor and gas leaks
This Certified Employee Training Program is typically a two to three day course. However, Blossman trainers have expanded the material and incorporate more in-depth information into this program, extending it to four and one half days. It is designed to teach the technician:
• The fundamentals of pressure testing and leak checking propane piping systems
• Controlling propane-air mixtures for proper combustion of propane
• The fundamental principles of venting and ventilation
• How to properly size and install natural draft venting systems
• Procedures used when placing propane utilization equipment into service
This Certified Employee Training Program is typically a two to three day course. However, Blossman trainers include shop exercises and additional material creating a more comprehensive program that takes four and one half days. The technician will learn the following:
• Troubleshooting skills in electrical circuits/systems as they pertain to gas burning appliances
• To measure electrical quantities
• To become familiar with characteristics and components of common sensing devices
• To troubleshoot control devices which are basic to gas-operated equipment
This is a four and one half day advanced course designed by Blossman Gas trainers specifically for service technicians who have been employed by Blossman Gas for at least two years and have successfully completed the CETP Appliance Service course. The training consists of:
• Advanced symbols and components
• Advanced circuits
• Advanced sequence of operation of gas burning appliances
• Flame rectification
• Electro-magnetic induction
• High-efficiency furnace operation
• Electrical trouble-shooting
• Hands-on shop exercises
This is a four and one half day course designed by Blossman Gas trainers particularly for technicians who have been employed by Blossman Gas for at least three years and have successfully completed the CETP Appliance Installation course, CETP Appliance Service course and the Advanced Electricity course. This is a comprehensive training course conducted entirely in the shop and it gives the technician an opportunity to practice hands-on skills in diagnosing and repairing gas appliance systems.
Need assistance or have a question? Blossman is here to help. Please fill out the form below and a customer representative will contact you shortly.